Wednesday, August 6, 2008

OUR CAR IS GONE!

Well, I posted probably 2 months ago that we have not had good luck with our Ford Escape. The bad luck still comes! Yesterday, I went out to get something out of my car. The Escape was gone. Someone decided to steal the Escape and when we woke up yesterday morning it was gone. Scott actually went to work earlier that morning and didn't notice it was gone, so when I went out there I thought it was a joke because Scott hadn't said anything when he went to work. I called him up and it was no joke. His heart dropped, and immediately it registered to him that the car really wasn't there that morning. I am really good about not leaving the keys in the car, especially when I park the car for the night. Well we searched for the keys and can't find them, so they were in the car. We had to file a police report, call our insurance, and change our locks on our doors. So when I said that the car has been nothing but bad luck, it is true. After finding out our car was stolen, and completely sick about it, we are actually hoping that it turns out to be a great blessing. Within the next 48 hours, our insurance company will write us a check for the car and hopefully everything that was inside the car (like Alivia's car seat) . I guess I will keep you posted on whether or not they have found our car. Right now we are kind of hoping they don't find it until we get our check from the insurance company.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!!

Hales Family said...

Okay, I thought this was another one of Scott's grand deceptions, but now I am real worried. I hope you get the check too. I can't believe someone would still a car and the car seat. That is such a pain to change all your locks. I hope it works out. Good luck!!

Erin said...

Ok, scary. I seem to think we live in a protective bubble, but I guess you guys are proof that we don't! I will keep my fingers crossed that you a) find your car b) get a check c) find another car seat!

the larsons said...

Oh my gosh! That must've been what you meant when you were telling me yesterday was an "eventful" day! I am soooo sorry! Maybe, like you said, it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise!! Good luck..let us know how everything turns out!

Sam and Lacey said...

I can't believe it. I am still amazed. I can't believe someone would steal your car. That stuff isn't supposed to happend in Utah. Doens't that just happened in big cities. I couldn't believe that you were laughing about it the other day. I hope you get the check as well. Let me know what you end up buying. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Anika said...

Are you kidding me?

John, Summer, and Makenna Lynn Larsen said...

I can not believe it when shannon told me this I was in shock, I hope everything goes well and you guys get a new car. good luck with that.

Kristen said...

This is craziness!! I am so sorry about your car. My friend Karly Chase just had her yukon denali stolen too just about a week ago. At least you can go buy a new car and a new car seat. That will be fun!!

Kimberly Kidman said...

Wow.... I can't believe that would happen around here in good old Spanish Fork? I hope you get to buy a new car for sure and let that bad luck rub off on whoever stole it.

Anonymous said...

What's going on with your car? Did you get the check from the insurance?

Jinger said...

Jessica! It's Nykki! I miss you! You look so happy and great! I am glad I found your blog! I totally know what you are going through... Our car was stolen from the UVSC parking lot a couple of summer's ago and it was locked and everything so I know how your feeling right now... let me know if I can do anything to help! Your daughter is adorable and I can't wait to see more!