Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day!!


Today has honestly been the best day! I am so grateful to be surrounded everyday by so many wonderful mothers. I am most grateful for my own Mother. She is my best friend, and I am so grateful for everything she has done for me in my life. My Mom has been the best example to me and made me who I am today! I am grateful for the day I was born into such wonderful arms. I feel honored to be her daughter. I love you mom!

I am also extremely grateful for another wonderful mother. My mother-in-law Julie. She is the sweetest mother-in-law anyone could ask for. I want to appologize for the picture not being in the upright position. I tried everything to fix it, and will keep trying, but still wanted to put this picture of her on. Julie has raised all five of her boys with such devotion, teaching them the things that have carried them all to their great lifes and families. I am grateful for her in my life and for everything she has done for us. I am grateful for her bring Scott into this world. I love you Julie!


Like I said, today really has been the best day! I have looked forward to celebrating Mother's Day more than I do Christmas. I feel so honored to be a mother and to be called Mommy. There is nothing more that I love than nurturing my little girl, helping her "owies" feel better with a magical kiss, staying home with her and watching her smile and just love life to the fullest. The first thing she says when she wakes up is, " Mom". If I am still asleep, she will gently try to roll me over, get me to look in her eyes, and then she gives me the biggest smile, and hugs me. She never lets me be mad at her. I cherish all the moments that we have together. Alivia lifts me up to be a better person and mother. It is amazing how bringing life into this world changes everything you have ever felt or known. This love just overwhelmes you and is neverending. I am truly grateful that my Heavenly Father sent such a wonderful daughter to us. He is with me everyday helping me be a better mother to this little angel of his. I continue to cherish the great examples of moms around me, and continue to try to be the best mother I can be. I love being a mother and hope I can be blessed with many more children. I love you Alivia, more than anything!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys look so cute, I am so glad that you had a great day!! I'm excited to keepin touch better now, lets start playgroup back up we should do it on tuesday or thursdays that way more people can come call me and let me know what you think

Clint & Hailey said...

jess I totally just found out you have a blog! I'm so excited! It was so good to see you the other night...we need to get together more often I love it!!

Erin Bradley said...

Well said Jess. Alivia is so lucky to have such a sweet mom! We really do need to get together more often. You guys are fun!! I must admit im a little nervous since I heard Scott has been hitting on my husband. In fact, I think we better make sure this trip they have planned is really business.

Sam and Lacey said...

Your mom is such a cutie. I miss her so much. She is such a sweet mom. I am glad you also had a good mother's day. You should come down and visit.

J and Stac said...

Jess! I love your blog! Your daughter is so cute! I see your mom and nick every now and then but I never run in to you! I am glad that you are doing well, keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

You have been added to the Class of 2001 blog. It has just started so come and reunite with all your class members!