Friday, March 25, 2011

** A NEW YEAR **

I finally feel like I am all caught up with my blog. What a relief! When the new year started, I made up a huge list of things I wanted to do better or accomplish in the year 2011. Here are a few from my list...

* Become a better Mother and Wife -- I always feel like I do the best that I can, but there are many places where I lack and I would like to always strive to keep becoming the a better Wife and Mother.

* Cook more -- I definitely need to try more recipes and get out of the usual!

* Keep my house clean & organized -- I know that this is not always possible, but I am trying to pick up my house each night before bed, so in the morning, I can wake up to a clean house and spend more time with my little ones. This goal goes along with trying to be a better wife and mother.

*Be a better friend -- I truly feel like I have the best of friends anyone can have. I sometimes (maybe always) get so wrapped up in my own life that I have let some friendships start to fall away a little. Having a family definitely keeps me busy, but I know I have great people that I am surrounded by that I want to strengthen the relationships rather then have them at a distant.

* Be a better Aunt -- I need to support all my nieces and nephews more in the sports and events in their life so they truly know how much I love them and how much they mean to me.

* Attend the temple more often -- Life is crazy always. It is so easy to just get busy and set aside temple attendance, but it is truly one of the most important things not to set aside. I am striving to make it more of a weekly/monthly goal.

* Set traditions -- I want to look forward to things each year that my kids will also look forward to doing every year. Whether it is holiday traditions, camping traditions, or vacations to look forward to. I had some growing up and I think now is the time to set some for my own family.

* Take more pictures -- I noticed while posting my Christmas, that I had only three pictures. This made me really sad to see I hadn't taken very many. I want memories to last! In pictures and i guess in words too.

* Work on baby books for my kids-- I have bought some stuff to start me off and really never have touched it. As I was organizing my craft supplies, I realized I am kind of just collecting and not putting it to use. Slowly, but surely I would like something there for my kids.

I have even some more on my list of things to try and do better at, and I know there is a lot and I don't expect to finish but just to work on them and continue them for the years to come. This year I want to make my blog more me. I want to update more and not fall behind. I want to blog about not only the holiday and special days, but about the everyday memories of my family. I feel like time is going so fast and my children are growing older and older and I don't want to forget anything more than I already have.

2 comments:

Erin Bradley said...

yay, i can see your blog!:) jess, you are such a sweet girl!! loved all of your goals and found myself thinking how i need to improve on all those areas in my life as well. we honestly love all the higginson's and hope we have made friends for a life time!! you guys are such a great family.

Suzanna said...

Looks like your accomplishing your goals to me. I think your a FANTASTIC AUNT. Thanks for going to support Katelyn. She LOVED having all of you there even though it was such a LATE NIGHT. Your the BEST.